Favorite Pie - Pecan Pie by watereverysunday
Ready for Thanksgiving everyone? What is your favorite dish at Thanksgiving dinner? Pecan Pie! It is also my favorite pie. How about you? Buttery pie crust, full of toasted nutty pecans that are coated with crystalized sugar and molasses! What not to love?
You wouldn't have this pie all year long because of the calorie factor but it is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or even for Christmas.
But best of all, the recipe is so easy to make as a piece of pie. If you are not a family chef, claim this pie for yourself and bring it to the dinner and join the conversation of joy of cooking.
Recipe for 1 pie: 4-6 servings
- 9” Fresh/Frozen Pie Shell - store bought or homemade
- 2 Cups of Chopped Pecans – preferably toasted
WET FILLING MIXTURE INGREDIENTS
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup light Corn Syrup - Karo or similar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 4 Tbsp Butter, Melted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Salt (optional)
R E C I P E
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Mix all wet filling ingredients together.
- Fill the pie shell w/ pecans then top with Wet filling mixture.
- Bake for 30 min @350°F (177°C)
- Cool and set for 40 – 50 min out of the oven.
- Serve as is, with whipped cream/Ice cream or coffees/teas.
- Enjoy! - this is certainly a step in any recipe.
Have to admit that you probably won't find any other pecan pie recipe videos easier than the following one. It was as easy as 1-2-3 and "pecan pie baking for dummies" for sure. Thanks Simplyrecipe.com
Another thing to do to enjoy the pie baking more is to watch The Great British Baking Show. Whether you watch it to get all baked up inspired, or as background running, this is really a feel good show with fantastic judges and fun hosts, filled with whimsical British jokes and lovely manners.
E N J O Y your Pies!