There are several ways to do flower nails. Let's find out!
SPRING FLOWER NAILS
W H A T Y O U N E E D:
There are the basics everyone knows already doing manicure/pedicure. But just listing in case…. Utilize what you already have at home unless you feel like shopping.
- Nail Polishes: Color choices of yours & Top Clear Coat, Use what you have. No need to buy new unless you fee like shopping.
- Nail file & Buffing Blocks
- Dotting Tools
- Nail Polish Remove
- Cotton Rounds/Pads
- Acrylic Nails, glue and kits if you are using these over natural nails.
Gucci Vernis À Ongles Glossy Nail Polish, $33- These looks very spring!
Les Mains Hermes, Nail enamel, Rose Magenta, $50 - Color Viva Magenta is color of 2023
Opi Spring '23 Nail Lacquer, $19.95 - 4PC Mini Pack
Nail Art Design Dotting & Brush Tools, $5.99 amazon.com
H O W T O
PREPARE YOUR NAILS
Prior to applying the base coat, prepare and buff your nails. The 4-way nail buffing blocks always works. They have all sides that you need for filing and buffing and almost a fool proof.
4 Way / Step Buffing Block Shine Nail Buffer, $3.99 amazon.com
After cleaning, cutting and filing your nails to a desired shape (round, square or pointy), smooth and buff your nails by moving the buffing block in X, circular or from side-to-side motion over each nails starting from number 1 to 4 side of the blocks. Number of the blocks indicate the roughness of the block texture, number 1, the roughest grit to number 4 the softest with use indication marked.
- Side/Step 1. Shape -use for roughest nails or file to shape
- Side/Step 2. Smooth -removes debris from shaping and smoothing surface
- Side/Step 3. Buff - primary buffing to create matte surface for nail polish
- Side/Step 4. Polish & Shine - buff and shine like your shoes. You can even feel the heat!
Going through each side pad step by step smoothing or buffing your nails to a clean & smooth surface for a better adhering nail polish and nail art. The following YouTube tutorial is quite helpful. This also shows how to push your cuticles and more.
For nail polish and nail art: do step 1, 2 & 3 which create a smooth matte buffed nails so that nail polish and nail art to adhere.
For polished & shined bare nails: finish all 4 sides. You might just love how they look and don't even need nail polish. It makes squeaky sounds when you get to the final buffing blocks Step 4, but nothing to be alarmed.
Regardless of nail art, recommend to buff your nails once a week to keep your nails look done and healthy. You can use lotion or oil coat your nails to provide nutrients to your nails and prevent your nails from drying, ridged or wavy.
- Clear - bare nails or blank nail tips
- White / Muted Pastels / French Nails - This provide clean canvas for your flower colors to pop more, or provide that veiled look when using similar color flowers like sakura flower nail art shown below.
- Light Coral, Lemon and Mint color family - Can you be more spring colors than these?
FLOWER NAIL ART
Flower Nail Decals
Colorful retro flowers waterslide nail decals, $3.49 etsy.com
Pastel Cherry Blossom Nail Decal Stickers, $4.56 etsy.com
Spring Flower Nail Art Stickers Decals, $5.99 amazon.com
TOP COAT FINISH
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color - 0.4 fl oz $3.29 target.com
Modelones Gel Nail Polish Top Coat, $5.99 amazon.com
ENJOY YOUR SPRING
until it lasts..
Now, a funny she-says-he-says clip from Brigerton Season 2, - "Because I am a women?" I laughed so much… Probably will watch again.